What is comprehensive breast care?
Comprehensive breast care is a unique, integrated approach to breast cancer. The patient is partnered with specialists that include all board-certified medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and plastic and breast cancer surgeons to develop a multidisciplinary approach to help individuals overcome breast cancer. The entire treatment team practices in the same clinic or hospital grounds, providing a single destination for diagnosis and treatment.
Premal Sanghavi MD, Inc. provides comprehensive breast care at both of their locations in downtown Los Angeles and Glendale. Comprehensive care includes:
- Mammograms and stereotactic biopsies
- Breast sonograms and sonogram-guided biopsies
- Breast MRIs and MRI-guided biopsies
- Consult with medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and plastic surgeon
- Genetic testing
All biopsies are done by highly specialized breast radiologists.
Where can I learn more?
Premal Sanghavi MD, Inc. encourages patients to go to the links below to get more information regarding breast cancer. It was developed by the American Society of Breast Surgeons to educate patients and bring more awareness regarding breast cancer: breast360.org
We use several risk assessment tools to assess the personal risk of developing breast cancer based on personal and family history. To learn more about the personal risk of developing breast cancer, click on the links below:
- Gail Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool: most widely used for estimating a woman’s 5-year and lifetime risk of developing invasive breast cancer.
- Hall Breast Risk Calculator: to learn more about breast cancer risk
- BRCAPRO Risk Calculator: to learn more about breast cancer risk if you have a personal and/or family history of breast cancer
- Ambry Genetic Testing: to learn more about genetic testing
To schedule a consultation for breast reconstructive services at Premal Sanghavi MD, Inc., call the office today or use the online booking feature.